Wednesday, March 12, 2008

it's the little things...


This past week the girls had their first slinky experience. It was just about bed time when we were playing with this fun green slinky.

We tried making it walk down from the chair over pillow stairs to the floor, but that didn't work out like we wanted. So I suggested that we take it to church (which is just through the alley behind our house). Dan wasn't too thrilled with this idea since all of us were in our pajamas already, but he decided to go along with my last minute crazy idea. So off we went.

Let's just say that this slinky could use some improvements. None of us were able to get it to walk down the stairs like Dan and I remember from when we were little. We plan to invest in a real metal slinky in the near future. :)

The best part was that the girls really didn't know any different and still thought it was a great adventure.

I think Beka was aiming for me in the picture on the right. Yikes!







When it comes to managing both girls in the kitchen, I have to admit I've not attempted this too often. Riley is just so impulsive that I've found it to me not only unnerving but also quite dangerous. We learned this when she was around age 3 and Nana told her not to touch the stove because it was hot. Riley thought for a moment then reached up and put her hand right on the burner. She's a quick one I tell ya.

A few weeks ago both girls wanted to help and I decided to give it a try (again).

They ended up doing really well (no random impulses in dangerous directions) and had a great time! Beka washed dishes...


and her feet. lol











While Riley worked on making meatballs for Daddy.


Oh, the joys of childhood. My girls are a constant reminder to me that it's the little things in life that mean so much.

No comments: