Monday, March 24, 2008

getting caught up...

Before I post Easter pictures I thought I should post a few others to catch up just a bit. :) I have the best of intentions when it comes to keeping in touch with all of you who live far away from us. Time is flying and my girls are growing so fast. Beka's 4th party last month... She wanted a "Strawberry Shortcake dress up party" meaning she wanted to be SS. So, I put together a hat, did a simple iron on for her shirt and we had lots of Strawberry themed stuff for the party too. She really enjoyed herself. This first picture makes her look a bit silly since she is pushing up on her face, but it captures that joy that she was feeling as everyone sung H-bday to her. This picture was taken just as a few of her hairs caught on fire from the candle. Thankfully I was fast moving that day (as less than a cm burned) and thankfully I didn't use any hairspray on her hair that morning. Riley wanted to be Blueberry Muffin (Strawberry Shortcake's friend from her story books). We went shopping at Kohl's and found her shirt. I thought it was perfect. :) This was her main cake. It was my attempt to use all natural icing to avoid the artificial dyes. It ended up being yummy! We also had cupcakes which the kids decorated themselves. They all thought that was great-pour on the sprinkles! Last but not least, we had a blast playing games, which Beka said was her favorite part. Tag Tails was the best-I even got many of the parents to play. If you haven't heard of or seen this game, it's by Playskool and basically everyone wears an animal tail and you try to avoid anyone taking it off. The kids love it!! Here we are playing in the back yard. (Never mind all of the land mines I forgot to move out of the way. In retrospect I'm thinking how nice it was to have that handle just sticking out for anyone to trip over-hindsight is 20/20).

We also played pin the top on the strawberry. We actually ran out of time during the party so my girls played afterward. They were too funny, especially with one who wouldn't stop peeking.

My other fun for the month was getting a new stroller for all of my kiddos (myown 2 plus the other 3 I watch during the week). All of them are big enough to walk, but this guarantees that I can walk a bit further-like twice around the park to get exercise-then they can play-that's the deal I made with them.

This stroller usually runs over $1,000 new (wow), but I got it for $175 + the transport fees from
Houston. The girls love their new ride!

No comments: